Ever felt this way about a goal? Ever felt this way about your business? Don’t worry! You are not alone. Maintaining the rage, staying motivated can be a challenging thing to do, especially when you are going through tough times. When you take a few hits to the ego or your confidence gets rattled for whatever reason, it can make staying motivated an even harder thing to do. Motivation will always ebb and flow. The problem is, most often it ebbs when you most need it.
So, here are 8 ways to stay motivated, or if you have lost your motivation, to find it again!
1. Reconnect to your goals – Take some time out by yourself, somewhere nice and quiet and get clear on why you are doing what you are doing. Reconnect to why you decided to go after what you are doing in the first place. Write down the reasons in your diary or journal and re-read them daily.
2. Narrow your focus – If you are feeling overwhelmed, narrow your focus to one relatively short term goal, something you can achieve fairly quickly. Focus on this one goal and go after it.. have a win before you start taking on more goals. Avoid overwhelm!
3. Get creative – If you have a number of challenges overwhelming you, get creative and come up with a list of solutions that you could possibly do to kill off the issues! Don’t hold back, just get some ideas out there.
4. Find some help – talk to people about the struggle you are facing and ask for their advice. Be careful to ensure that you choose people that will help you, not hinder you (we want positive advice!).
5. Change your language – replace ‘can’t’ with ‘can’, replace ‘overwhelmed/stressed’ with ‘loving the challenge’… you get the idea. Your language and how you see things directly influence how you feel.
6. Change your physiology – when we are stressed or in a hole, our body reflects it. Shoulders slump, you get the crease in the forehead, you get tense. Change it. Shake yourself out, stretch a bit, pull your shoulders back and put a smile on your dial (even if it is forced). Tell yourself it is ok to feel good and positive and make your body reflect it.
7. Get inspired! – read some blogs, buy a new book on someone who has been there and done what you are attempting to do. Find inspiration in others who have overcome the challenges you are facing.
8. You don’t have to be motivated to take action! – Just move, just take action, and most often the motivation will follow!
9. (I said I would give you 8, so this one is for free…) Believe you can do it. Believe in yourself. You are flesh and blood just like everyone else on this earth. Others have achieved so much with so little opportunity. There is no reason why you can’t do what you want to do. Whether you believe you can, or believe you can’t, you’re right….. so BELIEVE YOU CAN!
Have an awesome week guys,