As you may have noticed it has been a while since my last post. No excuses other than I’ve been busy with some project deadlines. It’s good to be back!
This week, I am declaring it ‘mix it up week’. Try something a little different. Do something outside of the norm. You may have noticed that we are nearly a third of the way through the year already. The year passes by so quickly nowadays. If you are like me, you are well and truly back into a routine. Your weeks may have been following a repeated pattern for the past couple of months. Now, don’t get me wrong, routine is a great thing – it helps provide us with some certainty in our lives, and if you have kids, it is an absolute NECESSITY!
But, routine can tend to make the weeks meld together so that last week is indiscernible from the previous one… pretty soon you are a third of the way through the year without even realising it!
The kids get holidays every 10 to 12 weeks to break up their school year. Most of us don’t get that luxury, but we could mix it up a little to inject just a little variety back into things.
Some simple ideas to mix it up…
· Take a different way to work. If you drive, try walking/riding, or take the bus, or just take a different way to work each day...
· Take a day off and have a ‘you day’!
· Get up earlier and go for a coffee down at the beach before you start work
· Get up at 5.30 and go for a walk with the sun coming up, or go for an evening walk after dinner
· Eat out in a park during for lunch
· Don’t watch TV or surf the net for the week… read a book or play board games
· Call someone you haven’t spoken to in years
· Go for a drive somewhere on the weekend you haven’t been to before
· Go out for dinner to a restaurant you’ve never eaten at before
· Go for an early morning or an afternoon swim
· Change your desk around at work
· Go out for breakfast with your partner or meet them for lunch
Give it a go… do some things different this week! Mix it up a little and break the routine… you can always go back to it next week!
Have a great week guys...