I came across a great tv show on Fox the other night called ‘The Buried Life’. I had never heard of it before, but basically it is a reality show about 4 young blokes who have set out to achieve their dreams list. They have 100 items on their list, and they have set out together with a few cameras and are travelling across America trying to cross each dream off their list. Along the way, they are also trying to help as many people as possible achieve their dreams by asking the question to complete strangers “What do you want to do before you die?”.
Creating a dream list is a fun and motivating thing to do. We do this as an exercise at GoalWorks, but as a bit of fun I thought I would add a few (60 or so…) from my list here. I would love it if you would share some of your dreams with us all by posting them as a comment in response to this blog!
1. Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary with my wife!
2. Watch my kids get married and have kids
3. travel the world
4. help as many people as possible achieve their dreams!
5. Go on a surfing holiday overseas
6. live until I am 100
7. have a jam session with Eddie Vedder and Ben Harper
8. play in a band live on stage in front of 100's of people
9. own and run a business that people would love to work for!
10. Visit the Playboy Mansion
11. Drive a Lamborghini
12. dive with a great white shark
13. be a world champion
14. act in a movie
15. be interviewed on tv as an 'expert in my field'
16. be rich enough to retire
17. have a few beers with Danny Green
18. meet Muhammad Ali
19. face up to Shaun Tait in cricket
20. build my dream home
21. attend the NFL superbowl
22. go to the Soccer World Cup and watch Australia win a game
23. meet Tony Robbins
24. meet Nelson Mandella
25. have a boxing match
26. pay off our families mortgages
27. be a selector for the Qld State of Origin Team
28. bring tears of joy to the face of a complete stranger
29. travel around Australia
30. give a house away to someone who needs it
31. go snow skiing
32. Ride a Harley
33. go on a surfing holiday with my sons
34. go on a camping holiday with our friends
35. complete an adventure race
36. Learn to speak another language fluently
37. Produce a movie
38. Write a book
39. fly a plane/helicopter
40. be a professional speaker
41. swim in every ocean and sea on the planet
42. live in Italy or France for 12 months
43. do a safari in Africa
44. learn how to play the didgeridoo
45. visit my great uncles grave in Belgium from the first world war
46. attend Anzac day at Anzac Cove in Gallipoli
47. plant a dozen trees
48. Invent Something
49. take a 'wild hogs' holiday with my best mates
50. sail around the Whitsunday's
51. swim from Merewether to Bar Beach
52. watch a test match at lords
53. score a complete test match
54. drive a rally car
55. drink a bottle of Penfolds Grange Hermitage wine
56. play golf at St Andrews
57. earn enough passive income to only have to work when I want to
58. marry my wife again
59. compete in a surf lifesaving carnival
60. see my kids achieve their dreams
I have more, but this will do for now!
Give us an insight into a couple of your dreams.. go on. Post your top 3 in a comment on this post!
Make your own list.. dare to dream!