Hope you are all well! I have written before about challenging your comfort zones, and how this is vital to achieving challenging goals. As a bit of fun this week, we are having a ‘comfort challenge’ as part of Goalworks, where the members will each choose a task which will test their comfort zones. The idea of this is to get used to the feeling of that ‘discomfort’, whether it be something that scares you or something you just don’t like really doing.
Join with us this week, and take up a little challenge of your own… I dare ya! I double dog dare ya! Matter of fact, let's call it the Doubledogdareya GoalWorks Comfort Challenge.
Below is a list of some suggestions (if you can’t think of anything yourself… I am sure you can though). Go for it.. and leave a comment to this post to let us know what you are doing! Leave another post once you have done it! Get your family and friends involved. Let’s make it comfort challenge week!
Some comfort challenges..
- Strike up a conversation with a complete stranger
- Ban yourself from the internet/tv/DVD/xbox/radio and all media for a full week
- Wear a pair of jeans that are too short for you in public (must be above ankle height)
- Wear a piece of inappropriate clothing in public
- Wear no clothes in public
- Shave your head
- Don’t drink alcohol for a month
- Go to bed at 8.00pm for every night for a week
- Ban yourself from facebook/twitter/social media for a month
- Give $20 to a complete stranger
- Say NO to everything for a complete day (and stick to it – don’t tell anyone that you are saying no to everything)
- Say YES to everything for a complete day (and follow through with whatever may come – don’t tell anyone you are saying yes to everything)
- Sit through a TV show that you absolutely hate and watch every second
- Support NSW State of Origin Team in Game 3 (hahaha.. sorry Blues fans, had to throw that one in!!)
- Get yourself on TV
- Make a prank call to a random number
- Do whatever your partner wants you to do (no ifs, buts or maybes) for a full day
- Have that difficult conversation that you need to have with whoever it is that you need to have it with
- Challenge someone to a race
- Actually race them if they accept
- Bet $20.00 that you will win the race
- Wear an outfit that doesn’t match in public
- Don’t clean your teeth or wear deodorant for a day (must be a work day)
- Wear too much cologne/perfume so that you are overpowering
- Go and watch a full game of lawn bowls
- Ask for a discount on something that you buy
- Pay for a stranger’s lunch
- Smile at a stranger and say hello
- Let someone in front of you in line at a shopping centre
- Bungee jump
- Do a skydive
- Run for at least 1km – don’t stop! If you are a regular runner, run twice as far as you normally would.
- Do a day’s work volunteering
- Help your neighbour do a day’s work
- Knock on your neighbour’s door and introduce yourself
- Maintain eye contact with someone and don’t stop until they turn away (extra points if the person you are looking at is bigger than you or if they are in a position of power over you)
- Do something you don’t want to do… RIGHT NOW
- Swap chores with your partner for a week
- Wear a tie with a cartoon on it to work
- Try to live on $30.00 for the full week (food, leisure, entertainment.. everything)
- Confront someone who deserves it (eg, someone who is rude to you or someone else)
- Complain about bad service
- Compliment someone
- Go ‘Commando’ for a day
- …. there are heap more out there.
PS, I will update with some of the group’s comfort challenges in the coming days for some inspiration.